July 04, 2011

Sew Busy

I am enjoying a 10 day holiday from my main job, so I am taking advantage of the crafting time available to me. I have several Tater projects I want to finish and have succeeded in completing three. Yippeee! The first is a crib mobile. I found this black and white one at Junior League Thrift Store for $3 and thought I might be able to create something a little "sweeter" than the graphics that look like they'd hypnotize anyone who stares at them for more than 2 seconds.

It gave me a headache just looking at it, and I know that's not what I want to happen to my tiny, sweet new grandchild. I am leaning towards a woodland, or forest animal theme in the nursery, and for this project, I went with little owls instead of scary black and white stripes and circles.















 I bought some black, white, and yellow fat quarters, and black felt and designed a pattern to make my own owls.




Here are the materials I chose:

I even bought a pair of pinking shears. I didn't have any that were worthy of cutting through felt, and since JoAnn's had them 50% off plus a coupon for 20% off the total purchase, I splurged.

My design pieces...















and my design


I used Wonder Under to attach the eyes, beak, and belly, then I sewed 2 owls back to back and stuffed them with fiber fill.  Here's the final result.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback... let me know what you think.