July 05, 2011

Bunting

Bye, baby bunting
Daddy's gone a hunting
To get a little rabbit skin
To wrap his baby bunting in

This is another project I finished and I used the same fat quarters from the owl project. I plan to put the bunting all the way around the ceiling of the nursery. I photographed it outside on my fence until I can put it where it belongs, in Tater's room. Very cute, very simple.


I ironed the fat quarters then folded them into fourths. I cut the folds ending up with 4 separate rectangles. I had 16 different materials to use, so I got 64 rectangles total. After cutting a cardstock triangle to use as a pattern, I drew that triangle on a piece of white muslin the same size as the 64 triangles. I paired one muslin piece with one fat quarter piece and sewed on the line of the triangle pattern. I used my new pinking shears to cut the triangles. I had 4 pale yellow bias tape packages to use to string the triangles. I sewed them on with a zigzag stitch. 

Oh, we're getting closer! We find out next month (Aug 8th) if Tater is a boy or girl. Woohoo!