September 06, 2012

Dollar Tree Halloween wreath - Holla!

I have been busy as a bee getting ready for our fall craft show plus getting some Pinterest projects done. I found this idea:

...which I loved immediately. It is made from 5 - Dollar Tree skeletons pulled apart and hot glued to a wreath form. She spray painted hers silver, and it looks great but I took my wreath in a little different direction.

I loved the natural bone look of the skeletons so I left them as they were. I already had a grapevine wreath with summer stuff on it, that I had looked at for far too many summers. Tug, pull, and those old silk flowers are gone from the wreath. I pulled the skeletons apart and hot glued the limbs to the wreath. The original pinner suggested gluing one group of body parts at a time and that worked out very well. I started with the biggest pieces which were the torsos, then the skulls and legs/arms. It looked awesome just as it was, but I wanted it a little more ghoulish.


I found some fabulous black and white striped ribbon and a huge black widow spider at Michael's in the Halloween section. I also got some moss to tuck in here and there. OOOOOOO, spooky and awesome at the same time.






and on my front door  (yes, I know it's only September) Hello!? you should know me better than that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback... let me know what you think.