December 15, 2011

Bucket List?

I don't have a real bucket list. More of a do-over list. I know it's never good to look backwards at mistakes, so I won't go there. My Catholic upbringing has provided me with endless hours of guilt ridden pain. But here are some things I wish I had done before it was too late to do them:

1. Gone to more concerts before these people died. I would love to have seen Elvis in concert or Michael Jackson, or the Beatles, or Frank Sinatra.  There aren't too many celebs I'd pay to see, but I'd have paid to see these. PS, if I ever get a chance to see Bette Midler, I'm in!
2. Played more with my children. As a grandmother, I am experiencing that pleasure with my grandchildren. How sad that I didn't know it was so much fun to play with a child when I was a young mother. Too much time worrying about what I thought were more important issues, I guess.
3. Danced with my father. I've posted about that before. I had very few opportunities to do that, but missed the moment to dance with him at our 8th grade dance. I was too embarrassed to let my classmates see me dance with him and have regretted that moment forever. He died too soon and I never had another chance. The song Dance With My Father brings me to my knees. Every. Single. Time.
4. Gone to college. Surprising that it's 4th on my list? Not to me. To be truthful, I'm not sure what direction I would have taken, but I wish I could say "I have a degree in...". I was smart enough to go, but poor enough not to.
5. Learned French. I took Spanish starting in elementary school through high school. After 40 years, I've lost most of that, but can understand some words. I have always loved french and wish I had taken courses, and would love to be fluent.
6. Rethought my 20's. No explanations, just sayin'.

2012 is looking like a good year, and I hope I can keep my promise to myself to be a better person, love more, laugh more, and stress less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback... let me know what you think.