August 28, 2011

"I do it"

"I do it." That's what my daughter used to tell me when she was a toddler and I was trying to do something for her like tie her shoes or pick out her clothes or help her up onto the potty.  Nope, she wasn't gonna have it. She was a big girl and didn't need or want help from me.

I got the guts to go out in the garage and get my own damned crates, thank you very much. I am a big girl and often put on those proverbial panties. No snakes...yippee.

Here is a geezer trick I have perfected and it comes in very handy on many occasions. "Take off your glasses to do stuff that creeps you out".  I swear, it works. I may trip over a few things here and there, but I don't see any snakes or snake skins. I have done it to remove a bug carcass from the floor and to clean the "boy toilet". If you can't tell what it is, then it's OK to pick it up or clean it. Try it sometime if you wear glasses or are as old as dirt like me.

So at least I was wise to go out early before the sun roasted the walls of my garage making it inhabitable to everything but snakes and spiders. I won't embarrass myself and tell you how many trips it took to get them inside. Last year I weeded out all but the "special" things. I took a massive amount to work to offer up to my fellow workers. I did the same thing with Christmas stuff. So, theoretically I shouldn't have much left. I believe "special" is one of those relative terms, because I still have more crates than I care to admit. I'm not a hoarder, unless that's a relative term too.

Here are some of my favorite things:

This is the coolest mummy. He has his butt crack showing in the back which makes me smile out loud. He is propped on top of one of my antique store finds, a cool orange and black spice tin.
This is a treat from Jan and is an Etsy find. Love! She is flanked by one of my many Frankensteins. Orange and black has the power to make me think it is cooler than it really is. August (even this late) is hotter than hell in Florida. For that matter, so is September and October. But every day, I come home and look at my fall things and feel cooler and happier. Soon I will get out my Department 56 Halloween houses to round it all off. Happy Fall, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback... let me know what you think.