August 27, 2011

Don't be scared!

Oh, be still my heart! I see orange and black in the stores which means I am in my glory. I just got back today from a 4 day trip to NC to visit Terri. We did our annual "shop till we drop" in Asheville on day one, then Franklin NC and Dillard GA on day 2. Janice came with me for the trip and the 3 of us touched every single piece of "stuff" in every single antique store and antique mall we visited. I am always looking for props for my Halloween collectibles. As a matter of fact, my eyes automatically go to anything orange and black and if it's not intended for Halloween, I will come up with a way to repurpose it so it will. I already have a huge collection of props, but one can never have too many of those, can one! Props, to me, are vintage tins and boxes that are comprised of Halloween colors that add a little pop to whatever is sitting on top of it. Here are my latest scores:

These will all house some little cute sumpn sumpn from my spooky stash. I love love love Halloween and fall even if fall in Florida means high 90 temperatures. I didn't pay more than $5 for any of these (yea!) and I love'm all. Since I have to go in my garage and get my crates, where it is 140°, I have been putting off my Halloween decorating this year. I foolishly keep thinking it's going to get cool enough for me to go out there. I will send my brave husband out there to retrieve them, mainly because for the last 2 years, I have found snake skins under my crates. We all know what that means.  2 years ago it was a kind of short skin, last year it was bigger... much bigger.  I discovered, much to my surprise (not), that the sight of a snakeskin makes me pee a little. And yes, the sight of a whole, live snake makes me pee a lot and squeal uncontrollably for a very long time like a 9 year old girl. Can't help it. I hate to say this, but if you are with me and we see a snake, I am going to mount myself directly on top of your head. Or, I will throw your butt so fast in it's path, your head will spin. So, Happy Halloween! and don't be scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback... let me know what you think.