February 05, 2011

Catch-Up Day

I have been so danged busy for so long and have sadly neglected my blog. This is a place for me to collect my thoughts and share, but I haven't done much of that lately. One of my New Year's resolutions is to focus more on the good things in my life and blogging is one of them. So, I am posting some things today to try and catch up with myself.
One of my favorite things to do at work, is thank the people who work in other departments, but do sooooo much to support our department. Mostly, I like to make a small little sump'n sump'n to give each person along with a heartfelt "thanks". We jokingly call them suck-up gifts (SUG for short), but we really do appreciate their help when we need them. I make around 40, so I am always looking for something that isn't going to cost way too much. Anything under a dollar is good for me. Here are a few of the things I have shared with my coworkers...

Dollar Tree Lolli's
I found these cute little lollipops at Dollar Tree (6 for a $ - score!) They had 3 pink and 3 red in each package. Each one has a cardstock heart with a "to" and "from" on it. This doesn't even qualify as something I made, but none the less, it is a cute SUG. I simply wrote "we heart you" on the tag. I will give them out next week when it is a little closer to VDay.


Memorial Day pin
This was a big hit! I bought small American flags on a stick at Michael's for 39¢, removed them from the stick and then folded them up like you would a real flag. I hot glued the ends and then added a pin back to it with more hot glue. I made a card to present them that was embellished with a denim background paper and stamped a patriotic message inside. Love these! Hooray for the USA




(that's me in my office. I really LOVE my Mac, and Photobooth. I don't need no stinkin' camera)









This is another fave SUG. Easy peasy to make and makes a very impressive display. I bought a box of Lifesavers at Sam's, covered them with patriotic background paper, printed out Avery mailing labels with a message "Stars and Stripes Forever!" and then added the cutest firework toothpick that I found at Michael's. I also stuck a little flag toothpick in with the firework pick (also came from Michael's).  I gave these out last year on Memorial Day and people still have the picks on their desks cause they are that darned cute.

I have been making SUG's for years now, for every occasion (Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day... you name it) but haven't photographed any until recently. My vow to myself... keep better photo files, and share. Next up... St. Patty's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback... let me know what you think.